MS. KRISTINE VERBETEN
436th Force Support Squadron
Ms. Kristine Verbeten is the Deputy Director, 436th Force Support Squadron, Dover AFB, Delaware.
The Force Support Squadron is responsible for providing vital mission support through manpower and personnel, services sustainment, force development, Airman and family services, community services along with mortuary affairs, honor guard, and installation readiness. These Airmen take care of over 5,000 military/civilian, 4,900 dependents and 16,700 retirees. She is responsible for the execution of over $5.2M non-appropriated and $2.3M appropriated fund operating budgets.
Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Verbeten served as the Deputy Director of the 39th Force Support Squadron at Incirlik AB in the Republic of Turkey. During that time, she led the bed-down and support of over 34,000 U.S./Coalition troops along with leading the 39th Air Base Wing’s execution of the U.S. State Department’s ordered departure of dependents from Turkey. Her leadership led the 39th FSS to win the USAFE Hennessy Award for excellence in food service and the Major General Eugene L. Eubank Award for best small Force Support squadron in the command.
Ms. Verbeten hails from Racine, Wisconsin, and began her Air Force career by enlisting as a spanish linguist. After completing her enlistment, she earned a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree and rejoined the Air Force as a civilian in 1998. Ms. Verbeten has served in a variety of unit and staff positions in ACC, AETC, PACAF and USAFE along with a career broadening tour at the Air Force Services Agency and Air Force Personnel Center. An avid fitness enthusiast, Ms. Verbeten has run over 50 half-marathons and 1 full marathon.
1992 - Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology: University of Texas, San Antonio
1998 - Master of Arts Degree in Counseling and Personnel Services: University of Maryland
2011 - Master of Military Art and Science: Air Command and Staff College
1. July 1998 – June 2000, Family Support Technician, 86th Mission Support Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
2. November 2000 – October 2002, Family Support Technician, 17th Mission Support Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. October 2002 – July 2004, Transition Assistance Program (TAP) Manager, 35th Mission Support Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
4. August 2004 – November 2005, Family Support Center Team Lead, 100th Mission Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
5. November 2005 – June 2007, Airman & Family Readiness Flight Chief, 65th Mission Support Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
6. June 2007 – February 2010, Airman & Family Readiness Flight Chief, 374th Mission Support Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
7. February 2010 – April 2012, Force Support Ops Consultant, Air Force Services Agency/Air Force Personnel Center, San Antonio, Texas
8. April 2012 – June 2013, Force Development Flight Chief, 65th Force Support Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
9. June 2013 – March 2015, Airman & Family Services Flight Chief, 39th Force Support Squadron, Incirlik AB, Republic of Turkey
10. March 2015 – June 2016, Deputy Director, 39th Force Support Squadron, Incirlik AB, Republic of Turkey
11. June 2016 – present, Deputy Director, 436th Force Support Squadron, Dover AFB, Delaware
1. 2003 - Squadron Officer School: Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2. 2009 - U.S. Air Force Strategic Leadership Program: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
3. 2011 - Air University Sustainment Services Flight Chief Course: Maxwell AFB, Alabama
4. 2012 - Air University Force Development Flight Chief Course (via correspondence)
5. 2016 - Air University Mortuary Officer Course, FSS Deputy Course and Civilian Personnel Strategic Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2016 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
(Current as of: July 2016)